Thursday 14 February 2013

Little Monsters

I've been wanting to share this for a while now. It's an app called Chore Monster and I think it's pretty awesome.

Rawr!!!


It's an app that gets your kids excited to do chores! How amazing is that. It makes everything into a game where the kids can earn online rewards that can translate into real world rewards.

My kids are still too young for this app but once they get older I will definitely give this a go. It makes sense. My son is on the iPad a lot. At two years old, he already knows how to open his apps and do basic operations on the iPad.

Some people don't like their kids touching too much technology at such an early age. The same way that they don't like exposing their kids to too much tv. For me, watching tv and playing on iPads aren't comparable. TV is a passive activity, kids sit there and just absorb what's in front of them without choice. iPads are different because there is a high level of engagement and interactivity. Also there is choice. He can choose what to do, when to do it and how he wants to do it.

That being said, we do moderate his time on the iPad. Just so he gets a chance to play with real world toys and work on his coordination and motor skills. The point is to make him well rounded in all aspects using technology as one of the tools.

The site explains how it works much better than I can so go and check them out. Plus, who doesn't love monsters?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! The wife is going to LOVE me for this! :D

    ReplyDelete